Surgical Error Lawsuits
If you believe you have been harmed by the negligence of medical professional failing to perform surgery correctly then contact Medical Injury Law to talk to a lawyer for a free consultation.
Lawsuits Around Surgical Errors
Medical providers have a duty to act within the standard of care when performing surgery on patients. One way they can violate that duty is by failing to perform the surgery that they should or performing the surgery incorrectly. There are many ways a medical provider could fall below the standard, including:
- Failing to take appropriate diagnostic tests before surgery
- Failing to perform surgery carefully
- Performing the surgery on the wrong area
- Failing to recognize post-surgery problems
- Not protecting important nerves or organs during surgery
- Leaving tools inside of a patient
- Not monitoring the anesthesia carefully
- Not referring to a specialist
- And others
It is important to recognize that not every failure to perform surgery correctly is a result of medical malpractice. In order for there to be a potential case, you must be able to prove that the doctor acted negligently and that the outcome would have been different if the doctor performed within the standard of care. This depends on the facts surrounding your medical care including the type of surgery, what should have been done during or after surgery, and the probable success of treatment.
Common case examples of surgical errors include:
- Spinal Cord Surgical Errors
- Wrong Area Surgery
- Wrong Patient Surgery
- Surgical Tool Left in Patient
- Anesthesia Errors
- Post-Surgery Errors
- And many others
If you feel that a medical professional failed to perform surgery correctly and that has caused you or your family harm, you should consult with an attorney about your potential legal options.